A few months back, the sudden death of actor Siddharth Shukla and recently well-known singer KK left everyone shocked. People state the reason behind it is heart attack.
People used to think heart disease was only related to old age. But stats for a few years are alarming. Every year, the number of youngsters affected by heart disease increases by 2%.
Around 15 lakh Indians die due to heart attacks every year. 15% of them are young adults.
If this is a condition, everyone has to think about their health seriously.
Why are young adults suffering from heart attacks?
- Diabetes – It is a crucial risk factor for heart disease. If your sugar level remains high, it affects your blood vessels. It May lead to fat deposition in your arteries and eventually cause blockages.
- Hypertension – Hypertension or high blood pressure is one of the main reasons for heart diseases.
Hypertension cases increase the same as heart diseases in young adults.
It makes your heart muscles thicken and increases the risk of heart diseases.
- Stress – Stress is one of the common elements found in youngsters. It may be the stress of work performance, workload, financial anxiety, or focus of settling down in life.
Any kind of stress puts pressure on the heart muscles. Frequent pressure on the heart gives rise to cardiac diseases.
- Obesity – Putting some extra kgs on your body increases pressure on your heart.
And make you more vulnerable to different health conditions, including the heart.
- Lifestyle – Poor daily routine under a “busy schedule” is more common nowadays.
Remember, your health matters!
Working or staying awake late in the night, getting up late, more minor physical movements, lack of exercise, unhealthy food, not proper timing for meals, and many more reasons impact your health.
You must be thinking these are small things, but these small – poor habits lead you to significant health conditions.
- Smoking – Smoking is one of the significant reasons young adults get heart attack.
The number of cigarettes you smoke daily reduces the distance between you and heart diseases.
Knowing these reasons helps you to stay away from heart diseases. Bad habits take you to bad health. So try building good healthy habits.
- Your health matters above all.
- A healthy diet and daily exercise are essential to good health.
- Don’t over exert yourself.
- Build a healthy routine.
- If you have a genetic history of diseases, keep screening yourself.
- Consult your physician before starting any exercise regimen. We forget this always!
- Consult your physician if you find any abnormal changes in your body. As I always say, self-examination is key to early diagnosis and better treatment.
Your blogs are always informative. And thanks for saying this out loud. Now we will take care more 🙂
Thanks, Niharika. We all have to make “health” our priority.
Thank you 🙂
Pingback: 7 Health Benefits Of Chia Seeds￼ - MANSI'S WORD
Some heart issues are not lifestyle related but inherited conditions or related to other illnesses… I have had numerous heart issues since I was 38… SCAD (Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection) being one and nothing to do with diet… I have written lots on it in my blog if keen to know more… @thehealingoflife but I take point that we all need healthy living to be living!
I completely agree with you, but “healthy living” is essential for all of us to prevent further damage or control disease activity.
Pingback: Busting Myths About Rheumatoid Arthritis - MANSI'S WORD