Stress is an unavoidable part of our life nowadays. We can’t control it entirely, but we can try to reduce it.
In last week’s blog, you must have understood its reason. So today, I will talk about the ways to reduce it.
Here are the 7 ways you can reduce your stress
- Healthy diet – Healthy diet is essential for physical and mental health.
Not eating nutritious food may cause nutrition deficiency and may impact stress hormones.
Frequent consumption of processed, sugary and carbohydrate food increases the risk of stress receptors.
Eat a healthy balanced diet, which gives you proper nutrition as well as help you to reduce stress.
- Physical activity – Move your body daily at least for 30 minutes, and it will help you reduce your stress.
Physical activities like exercise, walking, cycling, and yoga increase blood circulation all over the body and reduce stress hormone activities.
- Reduce screen time – We are more addicted to mobile, laptops and television these days and more in the past two years of pandemics.
Continuous use of screens creates lower psychological well-being and affects sleeping patterns, which leads to increased stress.
- Spend quality time – Stress is always reduced by talking with someone. Spend quality time with your friends and family. Take out at least one day a week and spend time with your loved ones.
Spending time with your pets is a more stress buster. Study shows that when you are with your pet, their touch produces oxytocin (a hormone which helps for a positive or happy mood).
Spending time with a pet reduces anxiety and brings a positive mood.
- Take out “Me Time” – In this busy era, we forget to live for ourselves. I know your day is packed with lots of work and meetings.
But just take out a few minutes of the day for yourself, for the things you would love to do. That may be reading, writing, painting, or just relaxing in the chair by watching the sky, anything. But do such things daily, which gives you happiness and calms your mind.
- Sound sleep – 6-8 hours of sleep is needed for every human being. If that does not get completed, you feel fatigued, and you become irritated and aggressive, which leads to stress.
- Create boundaries – Most of the time, we live for others. We tend to seek someone’s happiness. Live for yourself. It’s not your duty to keep everyone happy.
If you don’t want to do some work, refuse it. Learn to say “NO”. Create boundaries between work and personal life.
Stress can cause many health problems. Why take unnecessary pain? So, it is better to reduce your stress and live a happy life.
Along with these, journaling helps to channelise your thoughts. Meditation helps to keep your mind calm. Practise these things daily, and you will find the changes.
Now tell me, Which method will you use to reduce your stress?