Fruit is the best food available for our body, and there is no second thought about it. Fruits are loaded with nutrients, vitamins, proteins, and minerals.
They are readily available, and no preparation is required to make it. But of course, you can eat them raw as well.
But what is the best time to eat fruit?
Morning is the best time to eat fruits. After fasting overnight, to start your day, you need instant energy. And nothing can work better for this than fruits.
There is no other option than fruits if you are habitual of mid-morning munching. Instead of unhealthy snacks, you can include fruits as your mid-morning snack.
They are rich in fibre, so they digest slowly and give you the sensation of fullness for a long time. If you are on a weight loss diet, fruits will be an excellent option.
Don’t eat them with a meal. As I told you earlier, it digests slowly, so the food you will eat along with it remains for a long time for your stomach and starts fermenting, giving rise to acidity, burning in the chest, bloating of the abdomen.
If you want to eat it with a meal, give at least 30 minutes of spare time between your meal and consuming it. It helps to absorb all nutrients from food in the small intestine.
Don’t eat them before going to bed or after dinner. Fruits are high on energy, so they can disturb your sleep once you consume them late at night.
If you have diabetes, eat fruit with high protein and fatty food. So sugar from it enters the small intestine slowly.
Eat one fruit at a time to get full nutritional benefits from it.
Benefits of fruits
- Daily one serving of fruits reduces the risk of heart diseases by 7%
- Eating more fruit maintains your blood pressure and improves sugar control.
- Fruits like apples, grapes, and blueberries lower the risk of type 2 Diabetes.
- Citrus fruits like lemon, sweet lime, oranges increase citrate levels in urine and reduce the risk of kidney stones.
Fruits you try to eat daily.
Some more tips
- Try to include at least one serving of fruit daily.
- Always remember to use seasonal fruits.
- Instead of juice, prefer whole fruit, as a peel contains more nutrients. Also, when you chew the chunks, you get complete nutrients and fibre from them.
- Summer is already here. Watermelon, Muskmelon, grapes, kiwis, Pineapples, oranges, and apples contain 90% water. Therefore to avoid dehydration due to excessive sweating, try to consume these fruits daily.
Comment below if you have any doubts or DM me on www.instagram.com/mansisword