Diwali is just over and we all are going to deal with post-Diwali blues from tomorrow, isn’t it?
Diwali means lots of sweets, fried snacks, drinks, get-togethers with family and friends, and sleepless celebrations.
After indulging in all these unhealthy snacks (which no one can stay away from), now it turns to detoxing your body and dealing with post-Diwali blues.
Measures to take Post-Diwali
- Drink plenty of water – Always we have to drink plenty of water. But post-Diwali it is recommended to detox your body.
Prefer warm water to normal water. You can drink lemon water on an empty stomach which helps to get rid of constipation. Also, vitamin C in the lemon helps to boost your immunity.
- Cut down sugar – During the week of Diwali, you must have consumed multiple sweets. Now avoid sugar for at least one week. To balance out your caloric intake.
- Get back to your sleep schedule – Due to celebrations and late-night parties you must have sacrificed your sleep.
Now get back to your normal sleep schedule. Eight hours of sleep is necessary for a healthy life as well as for detoxification.
- Resume your exercise – No one likes to exercise during the festive season, including me.
Resume your exercise. You can start with walking for 30 minutes daily. Walking will help you to feel energized.
Keep track of your walk with a fitness band, so you can easily increase daily steps to get fit.
- Take a light diet – After a week of unhealthy, oily, and spicy food, get yourself back on a normal healthy diet.
Include fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Complete pending task – During Diwali you must have kept some work pending in your personal or professional life. Now pull on your socks and start working on them.
Prepare your work schedule. Divide it into important and urgent tasks, and not so important tasks. Initial one or two days work only for a few hours of work with frequent breaks.
Foods to help you detox your body
Curd – Curd is a natural probiotic. It helps to keep your gut healthy. And cools your body.
Garlic – Garlic is an immune booster. Protects you from infection and helps in detoxification.
Cinnamon – It is the healthiest spice. It is a great antioxidant, controls sugar, and reduces the risk of heart disease.
Ginger – Ginger helps to treat stomach issues like acidity, bloating, and indigestion. Winter is coming and to increase immunity you need to take ginger daily.
You can take ginger tea or you can take it with lemon water and rock salt.
Green Tea – Green tea is the best option for detox. It consists of antioxidants and helps to boost your immunity.
My morning is incomplete without Girnar Desi Kahwa. It gives a soothing effect to the throat and boosts my immunity.
- Festivals are important and we have to enjoy them to the fullest.
- But health is equally important so during the festival don’t forget to drink enough water.
- Post-Diwali try to resume your exercise as early as possible.
- Don’t strain out on work. Go slowly and take frequent breaks.
- Include fruits, leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Include curd, garlic, ginger, cinnamon in your diet which are natural antioxidants and detoxification.
How was your Diwali celebration? And how do you handle your post-Diwali blues? Tell me the comments.