Small sickness like cough, cold, body pain is common in daily routine.
Most of the time we pop up with medicine for this small sickness too, without thinking about the side effects. Who has time to wait, right??
But frequent medicine will lead to side effects, as well as less effective to the body.
Why take medicine for small sicknesses when we have lots of natural products?
Natural Products To Use For Small Sickness
- Honey – It is available in every kitchen. Its mostly used as a Cough remedy. with lemon juice it gives a soothing effect and helps to remove cough.
In burns, applying honey to bandage and applying to the affected skin, helps to sterilize the area and prevent infection. also helps to smooth burned skin.
Honey is mostly used as a substitute for crystal sugar.
- Ginger – All of us know ginger is most useful for cough and cold as it has anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger tea is used to get relief from the cold.
It attacks harmful bacteria which causes loose motion, and stimulates abdominal enzymes, and improves digestion.
- Pineapple – Pineapple contains an enzyme called Bromelain. Which has anti-inflammatory and mucolytic properties. Hence pineapple is used to reduce cough and sinus problems.
- Epsom Salt – Epsom salt with warm water helps to reduce muscle and body pain. It’s absorbed in the skin easily. Epsom salt is rich in magnesium and sulfate, which helps to reduce inflammation and muscle spasm.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe has anti-inflammatory properties, helps to improve circulation, and inhibits the growth of bacteria.
Hence used in healing burns. You can take pure aloe vera taken from the leaf and apply it to the affected area.
Aloe vera also used as a moisturizer of the skin.
- Fenugreek Seeds – Fenugreek seeds have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which helps to kill infection and improves digestion.
Also, it has mucilage which helps to bulk stool and treats loose motion.
- Cumin – Cumin has antiseptic properties. Which helps in eliminating bad bacteria in the guts and relieves irritating bowel syndrome.
Cumin water helps to keep body temperature normal, hence used in summer.
- Lemon – Lemon has anti-inflammatory and acidic properties. Which maintains the body’s PH and calms the sore intestine.
Lemon is rich in magnesium and potassium. Which helps to restore body nutrients during dehydration.
- Yogurt – Yogurt has a good quantity of probiotics, which helps to maintain gut health.
Yogurt has live cultures that produce lactic acid and helps to kill nasty bacteria. Hence it’s preferable to consume yogurt during diarrhea and better to have it daily.
- Mustard Oil – Mustard oil helps to relieve body pain.
If you have body ache or joint pain massage it with lukewarm mustard oil, and let it soak for 30 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
- Use home remedies to deal with small sicknesses.
- Honey, ginger, and pineapple are the best remedies for cough.
- Lemon and yogurt helps to maintain gut health.
- Epsom salt reduces body inflammation.
- Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties, hence used in 2nd-degree burns.
- Fenugreek seeds helps to maintain body temperature.
- A massage with mustard oil relieves body pain.
- Seek your physician’s advice if you are not better with the home remedies in 2-3 days or if your symptoms increase.
- Consult your physician before using any home remedies if you are allergic to them.