Hey guys!!! Hope you are doing well.
Winter has started, and the morning cool breeze doesn’t allow me to leave my bed. I know you are also feeling the same. There is no happiness like sleeping late with a warm blanket in the freezing morning.
But we have to keep ourselves healthy and boost our immunity. Winter brings along cough, cold, and viral infection. This year we have to take more protection from it due to COVID. We have to boost our immunity. Click here for more information on a diet that will boost your immunity.
I am sharing 12 easily available foods, which increases immunity and keeps you infection-free.
- Honey – Honey is easily available. It is warm. It has broad-spectrum antibacterial activity.
Also, the World Health Organization recommends that honey is a treatment for coughs and sore throats.
- Turmeric – We all know that turmeric is anti-inflammatory. From childhood when we fall and if blood is oozing out, our mother put turmeric on the wound. It is the 1st thing to come out from our home first aid kit.
Turmeric reduces inflammation and fights against infection.
- Tulsi – Tulsi has medicinal properties. It contains Vitamin C, A, and Zinc.
Eating raw tulsi boosts our immunity and keeps our body warm in winter.
- Sesame seeds – In the winter season we all have chikkis and ladoos of sesame. Most people made it as it is part of the tradition, but there is a reason behind it.
Sesame is much loaded with iron, calcium, and oil. Which helps us to have energy in the winter.
- Ghee or Clarified butter – Homemade ghee is always preferable. As it is easily digestible. It increases immunity and prevents us from viral infection. It also prevents constipation.
- Ginger – Ginger tea and cozy winter is a very unique equation. We all love ginger tea in the freezy morning. When we are down with a cough and a cold, the first thing our mother is to give us is ginger tea.
Ginger has thermogenic properties that help us to keep warm. It boosts
metabolism and increased circulation in the body.
- Garlic – Garlic is a herb with a high amount of calcium, potassium, and sulphuric compounds that help to get rid of the infection.
We almost use it in every Indian dish.
- Dry fruits – Almonds, cashew, and raisins boost immunity. They generate lots of heat in the body. They help to cure anemia. Raisins also provide relief from constipation.
- Eggs – “SUNDAY HO YA MONDAY ROJ KHAO ANDE” we have been hearing this since our childhood. It has a specific reason.
Eggs are a rich source of protein and calcium. It is a POWERHOUSE of energy.
- Green Tea – It contains antioxidants that help us to fight against the infection. It also helps us to beat lethargy feelings due to cold weather.
- Red Bell Peppers – It is rich in Vitamin C. And vitamin C is good for boosting immunity.
- Citric Food – Lemon, oranges, and amlas are loaded with citric acid and vitamin C. Which help us to prevent infection like cold and cough.
The conclusion is Along with this food
- You have to do daily exercise to keep yourself healthy
- Avoid cold and stale foodstuff
- Eat hot and freshly prepared food
- Avoid close contact with the peoples suffering from cold and cough
- Wash your hand with soap and water frequently
- And last but not the least, use a mask to prevent yourself and others from COVID infection.
Loads of love. Stay healthy, stay safe.