Hey guys, hope you are doing well.
First of all, Happy Diwali to all my lovely readers.
We are in mid-Diwali now, and enjoying oily and fatty Diwali snacks. Which often leads to acidity.
A gastric gland in our stomach creates acids, which helps in digestion. When the gastric gland creates more acid than required, it causes a burning sensation in the epigastric region, which is called Acidity.
How do we know that we are suffering from acidity –
- Burning sensation in the chest
- Pain in chest
- Burning sensation and pain in the throat
- Frequent burps
- Sour or bitter taste in the mouth
- Heaviness in abdomen
- The sensation of food being stuck in the throat
When we consume more food than required which turns to acidity. If there is a long gap between two food times, more gastric acid secretes and causes acidity. If we eat lots of oily or fatty food, it disturbs the digestion process and acidity occurs.
Usually, if we suffer from acidity, we just pop up antacids. But natural things are better than chemicals.
Home remedies –
- Include banana, cucumber, and curd in diet
- Drink buttermilk, it contains lactic acid, which helps to normalize acid level in the stomach
- Cumin water is the best remedy for acidity, which gives a cooling effect to the stomach
- Mint leaves are the best and easy option
- Cold milk also gives relief from acidity
- Soaked sabja seeds give smoothness to the stomach
- Ginger helps in digestion and gives relief from acidity
- Lemon water half hour before food gives relief from acidity
- Coconut water and watermelon juice soothe the digestive system
- Sucking cloves helps to reduce acidity
These are temporary measures, but if we want to get rid of them, we will have to make changes in our lifestyle.
- Have a healthy home-cooked food
- Small regular meals
- Drink at least 2-liter water daily
- Consume food 2 hours before going to bed
- Consume low carb diet
- Avoid carbonated drink
- Reduce smoking and alcohol
- Lose weight if you are overweight
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid sleeping on the right side
Now enjoy your Diwali vacation and Diwali snacks. Keep these remedies in mind. If you need more information drop your comments, I will help you.
Loads of love. Stay healthy, stay safe.